Searching...
Sunday, June 2, 2013

Create Directory Tree

When you are dealing with too many files at a time, sometimes you feel the need to list them. One way of doing so and managing that is put that all on an Excel sheet. However, preparing that list can take quite some time if the list is too big. 

If you are facing the above situation, here is a solution for you. This template will prepare list of all files and Folders for you. All you have to do is to locate the parent folder you are interested in  and the template will produce a report for you.




You can download the template here

6 comments:

  1. This is an awesome template. Works like a charm. Is there any explanation on how this template works? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a macro written in VBA which reads the folder contents. Same procedure is repeated for each sub-folder in main folder and so on. Please let me know if more information is required.

      Delete
  2. So you enter just any parent folder location and it will bring up the folders?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean the folders in that location when you put it in the selected location?

      Delete
    2. Okay so I got it to work, but I would LOVE it if it only shows FOLDERS and not the contents for what I do. How can I edit that so it shows ONLY FOLDERS? Thanks!

      Delete
    3. Never thought of such a variation. I am planning to include the option within template. I will let you know once I am done with.

      Delete

 
Back to top!